These baseplates are the foundation that keeps Chris King headsets turning with legendary smoothness. Manufactured from high-quality stainless steel or titanium, Chris King makes replacement baseplates for all standard sizes and a number of ingenious solutions for those that need something a little special to make their headset work.
- Engineered and manufactured in Portland, Oregon USA
- High-quality stainless steel and titanium baseplates available for all standard Chris King headset sizes
- Titanium baseplates are available in 1-inch and 1 1/8-inch sizes only
- Devolution baseplates are a stainless steel solution that allow King headsets to adapt to a wide variety of steerer tube sizes
- King Stainless Steel baseplates are available in undersized and oversized versions for irregular steerer tube sizes
- 30.0mm ID/40.5mm OD for post-April 1995 1-1/8" Headsets
- 30.0mm ID/44.0mm OD for pre- April 1995 1-1/8" Headsets
Got a threaded steerer without spacers or brake hangers? Chris King's GripNut Headset is the choice for you. Ideal for heavy touring and riding over rough terrain, the GripNut features an extra threaded collet that locks the steerer in place, offering incredible holding power and adjustability. It’s also a welcome solution for forks with damaged or undersized threads. The additional collet makes it easy to install a fork that's had its steerer tube cut too short.
The King GripNut Headset is designed for threaded steerer that don’t require a cable hanger or additional spacers.
- Collet locking system stays securely adjusted
- King made-in-house bearings
- 10-year warranty
The Inset headset offers Chris King's trademark quality and durability in a low-stack configuration sized for contemporary headtube dimensions. King's legendary made-in-house bearings still form the centerpiece of the Inset headsets, with precisely machined aluminum cups and headset caps available in all ten classic Chris King colors. The Inset 2 is compatible with tapered 1-1/8 - 1-1/2-inch forks and frames using a 44/56mm headtube.